Saturday, September 27, 2008

$5.25 OOP at Publix


Just got home from a fabulous Publix run. I have been waiting patiently all day to run to Publix alone and work the great deals this week. I did three separate transactions to take advantage of the $5 off Walgreens coupon that was out for this weekend. The overage was good on the Back to Nature nuts, but, honestly, I'm ready for the coupon to expire. I'm so over having to explain the wording on the coupon to store employees. I came across a fantastic customer service desk employee, named T who explained to the cashier to go ahead and put the coupons through as she was continuing to complain about the overage I was getting AFTER the store manager had already told her to put the coupons through. Thank you, T!!!! I always have problems using coupons with this cashier. I'm ready to give up on that Publix just because she is just sooooo unfriendly.

Here's what I bought:
3 Boneless Ribeye steaks
2 bags of frozen Tyson nuggets
8 bags of Chex Mix
2 bags of Cheetos
12 bags of Back to Nature nuts, snack size
18 boxes Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta, various types
1/2 gal Horizon milk
Alaway allergy eye drops ($11.99!!!!)
Tic-Tacs (had to get a quick filler to put my subtotal over $5 to use a Walgreens q)

Total before qs and sales $121.70
Total out of pocket expense $5.25!!!!!

I had a coupon for everything except for the 3 Ribeye steaks and Tic-Tacs.

I'll be going back to Publix at least 2 more times this week. :)

2 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I have a bad case of "Coupon Envy". I went to K-Mart today with my coupons in hand. AND it was double Coupon day. Still didn't accomplish near like I would have liked to.

Oh wise Teacher, where does one begin to really learn how to do this>>!

Daddy's Boo Portraits said...

Great Blog, everybody needs to see this.